i gathered all this information from a bunch of sources. hope this question dump helps potential test takers on the ridiculously stupid and irrelevant exam that is the NC driver’s license exam.
- In densely packed snow you shouldÂ use chains or snow tires.
- If you must drive during heavy snow / fog / snowstorm, use yourÂ low-beam headlights (NOT high-beam or parking lights).
- Alcohol-related highway deaths account forÂ 38% of all traffic fatalities.
- If you accumulate 7 or more points on your traffic record you mayÂ attend a Driver Improvement Clinic to deduct three points from your driving record.
- The traffic conviction that adds the highest number of points (5) to your driving record isÂ passing a stopped school bus that is loading or unloading children.
- â€œSecondary roadsâ€ are roads whereÂ hills are more likley to be more steep and curves are likely to be more sharp than on primary roads.
- Unless otherwise posted, the speed limit in cities and towns isÂ 35 miles per hour.
- To have a revoked driver license restored, you mustÂ visit a driver license office, pay a restoration fee, and reapply for a license.
- When three vehicles reach a 4-way stop at the same, the right of way belongs toÂ the car on the right.
- If you have a leaky exhaust pipe, it can cause harmful fumes to enter the vehicle.
- If a vehicle sways freely, leans heavily to one side during a turn or seems to bounce continuously, there may be a problem with theÂ suspension system.
- If you experience a breakdown, you shouldÂ call a law enforcement officer (NOTÂ pull to the side of the road).
- To maintain a safe driving distance between your car and the car in front of you, you shouldÂ use the two-second rule.
- If you take any medication before you drive, you shouldÂ find out what effect the medicine has.
- If you are planning a long road trip, you shouldÂ stop and rest every 100 miles.
- Before passing another vehicle, you shouldÂ look ahead to ensure that there is enough room for you to pass.
- When driving down a very steep hill, you shouldÂ shift into a lower gear to control your speed.
- If you run off the side of the road, you shouldÂ gradually take your foot off the gas pedal.
- When travelling on rural highways, farm equipment usuallyÂ travels at its maximum speed of 15-20 mph.
- If you are driving into a circle you shouldÂ yield to cars already in the circle.
- If you are in a crash, you shouldÂ move your car off of the road.
- School buses are required toÂ stop at all railroad crossings.
- In city traffic, you shouldÂ be alert for drivers who make quick stops.
- Truckers have seriousÂ blind spots into which cars can disappear from view.
- Unless there is a sign indicating no turn on red, you can turn right on red after stopping and making sure that the turn can be made safely.
- For any underage person who aids or abets another attempting to purchase any alcoholic beverage, the law requiresÂ a one-year driver license revocation.
- Your license will be revoked immediately for 1 year if your blood alcohol concentration is at leastÂ 0.08 percent.
- When aproaching a road that is blocked from view you shouldÂ stop and proceed with caution.
- Defensive drivers check their rear view mirror and side mirrors roughlyÂ every 10 seconds.
- Bikers sustain more injuries in a collision with a car (forgot the rest of the question).
- If going 45 miles per hour, how far ahead should you signal before turning?Â 200 ft.
- If you plan to turn and are not in the proper lane to do so, you shouldÂ continue to the next intersection, then turn.
- The most common type of accident on a highway is aÂ rear-end collision
- When driving behind someoneÂ you should not use your high beams
- To dry wet brakes,Â gently apply the brakes
- â€œDonâ€™t hang out in the No zoneâ€ refers to not be in truckersâ€™ blind spots
- When approaching a railroad crossingÂ slow down and prepare to stop
- If you pull up to a red arrow,Â the turning lane is the only lane that should stop
- if you are a pedestrian walking along side the road at night, you shouldÂ carry or wear something white
- Use high beams when driving on a highway and no car is approaching
- Slippery roads are most likely to occur when it has just begun to drizzle or rain
- When traveling behind a farm vehicle on a two-lane road wait until the farm vehicle has the chance to pull over to the side, then pass with caution
- Large trucks (tractor trailers) have large blind spots to the side and rear
- When preparing to make a right-hand turn turn on your turn signal and approach the right-hand side of the road
- A â€œshoulder checkâ€ is aÂ quick glance over your shoulder on the side in which you intend to turn or change lanes
- When you get tired on a long trip, you should stop and rest
- When taking a long trip, you should plan to stop and rest every 100 miles
- If you are following a car at night, how do you know if the road is bumpy?Â You watch the tail-lights.
- It is dangerous to drive slowly after the crest of a hill.
- What causes the biggest hazard on the road… Women drivers, slow drivers, elderly drivers?
- Littering is â€¦ punishable by a fine not less than $250 and not more than $1000.
- All registered motor vehicles in NC must be inspected every 12 months.
- Most accidents occur at… intersections.
- Why should you pay close attention on country roads?
- Scenery can be beautiful
- Cows have the right of way
- Slow moving farm machinery may use the roads
- If your car broke down on the highway, you should…
- lift up your hood
- stay in front of your vehicle
- stay behind your vehicle
- When a school bus stops for passengers, all traffic from both directions must stop at:
- Two-lane road with center turning lane
- Divided highway of four lanes or more with a median separation
- Road of four lanes or more with a center turning lane
- When do you adjust your rear and side view mirrors? Every time you’re about to drive somewhere.
After reading this list, I highly recommend taking this practice exam. You can hit your browser’s back button and redo each question until you get it right.
15 Replies to “North Carolina Driver’s License Cheat Sheet”
This helped out… alot. Thanks!
Thanks man, this really helps me out and saves me alot more time
Appreciate it Mathews!
Thanks so much for posting this!
Appreciate it bro
I hope i pass it
Good to read
Failed the first time, found this and passed with only one wrong!
I wish I found this sooner. This was exactly on the written test.
Thanks you this made it more easier to understand Nd saved on time
This helped me pass my exam with all answers correct. I guess they have 3 set of exams. 1 have all 20-25 questions from above and 2 might have few questions. I suggest people to read this cheat sheet and try to pass the test in 1st attempts bcz this contain all answer for the 1st set of exam.
I hope I pass :(
I can’t thank you enough for this sheet of information. It has helped me, along with countless friends and family to pass their tests. We appreciate you!
Thank you dudes you have no idea